How does “Fabric Lagbe" benefit handicraft manufacturers?
If we know about "fabric lagbe" benefits handicraft manufacturers, we first have to know about fabric lagbe and handicrafts.
What is fabric lagbe?
Fabric lagbe is a B2B e-commerce platform based in Bangladesh that connects small and medium-sized garment and textile manufacturers with textile suppliers. The venue was founded in 2018 by three young entrepreneurs who wanted to solve the problem of inefficient supply chains in the textile industry in Bangladesh.
Fabric lagbe offers manufacturers various fabrics, including cotton, linen, silk, and polyester. The platform has partnerships with over 200 textile suppliers, both domestic and international, which allows manufacturers to choose from a variety of fabrics at competitive prices. The platform also offers customized fabric solutions, allowing manufacturers to request specific materials or fabric blends tailored to their needs.
Fabric lagbe's quality assurance procedure is a vital element. The platform ensures that all fabrics sold fulfill particular quality criteria. Before they are permitted to sell on the forum, a team of specialist fabric suppliers inspects all fabrics for quality before they are distributed to manufacturers. This quality assurance procedure is critical for firms that rely on high-quality materials to make their products.
Fabric lagbe also offers a convenient ordering process for manufacturers. Manufacturers can order fabrics online and have them delivered directly to their location. The platform provides real-time inventory updates, allowing manufacturers to track orders and avoid stockouts.
In addition to its core business of connecting textile suppliers with manufacturers, Fabric lagbe also provides financing options to manufacturers. The platform has partnerships with financial institutions that offer loans to manufacturers. This can be particularly beneficial for small and medium-sized manufacturers who may have limited access to financing options.
Fabric lagbe has been recognized for its innovative approach to supply chain management in the textile industry. In 2019, the platform won the Bangladesh Youth Award for contributing to developing the country's textile industry.
Fabric lagbe is a valuable resource for Bangladesh's small and medium-sized garment and textile manufacturers. The platform provides access to a wide range of fabrics at competitive prices, quality assurance, a convenient ordering process, customized fabric solutions, improved supply chain management, increased business opportunities, increased efficiency, and access to financing.
Fabric lagbe has many services. They are
- Readymade Garments Trims & Accessories
- Machine & Spare Parts
- Dyeing & Printing Process
- Chemical & Oil
- Sizing The Yarn
- Test Work Order Category
- Handmade Products
- Stock Lots & Waste
Is the demand for fabric lagbe in Bangladesh?
The demand for Fabric lagbe in the market of Bangladesh is quite significant as it offers a convenient and hassle-free way to purchase fabrics online.
The textile and apparel industry is a crucial sector for the Bangladesh economy, and the country is known for its quality fabrics and clothing. The demand for Fabric Lagbe has increased in recent years as more people turn to online shopping. The platform provides a vast selection of fabrics and materials for both traditional and contemporary clothing.
Bangladesh has a significant demand for fabric due to the country's thriving garment industry and the growing interest in fashion among consumers. The need for Fabric Lagbe in the market in Bangladesh can be attributed to several factors.
Firstly, the textile and garment industry is one of the most significant contributors to Bangladesh's economy. As a result, there is a constant need for high-quality fabrics to meet the demand for clothing production. Secondly, the growing middle class in Bangladesh has led to increased consumer spending on clothing, further fueling the demand for fabric. Finally, the convenience of online shopping has made it easier for consumers to access a wide range of materials and purchase them from the comfort of their homes.
What is Handicraft?
Handicrafts are traditionally made by hand, using simple tools and materials, often by people in rural or remote areas. These crafts have been integral to human culture for thousands of years and are typically passed down from generation to generation. Handicrafts come in many forms, including pottery, textiles, woodwork, metalwork, and basketry.
The handicraft sector in Bangladesh is comprised of small manufacturing units, primarily located in rural areas, operated either by the owner themselves or with the assistance of a small workforce of 10–20 people. Most enterprises use traditional techniques with or without tools or simple instruments. The total workforce associated with the industry stands at approximately over 3 million, of which over three-quarters are employed in the textile.
Handicrafts are, by nature, traditional. By using their primitive instruments, and hands, people make these to use in their daily life. It is essential to mention that handicrafts usually have an aesthetic view and artistic value. For this reason, historically, the upper class of society has had a lust for these. In the timeline of history, patronized by the higher-class people at different times, different pieces of handicrafts reached the peak of development and popularity.
Handicrafts are valued for their unique aesthetic qualities and the skills required to create them. They often reflect the cultural traditions and heritage of the people who make them and are considered an essential part of cultural identity. In many countries, handicrafts are a significant source of income for rural and marginalized communities.
According to some modernists, tradition is a barrier to modernization. But, with a traditional touch, handicrafts will retain one of their unique features. Another fact is that "all modernizing societies cannibalize their traditions, and in no modern society are traditional artisans preserved." Japan, the USA, and European countries have all done this.
Handicrafts can be created using various materials, including natural materials such as wood, clay, and fibers, as well as synthetic materials such as plastic and metal. The tools used to create handicrafts can vary widely, from simple hand tools such as needles and chisels to more complex machinery.
Creating a handicraft typically involves several steps, including designing, sourcing materials, preparing the materials, and assembling the finished product. Handicrafts often require high skill, attention to detail, creativity, and innovation.
A handicraft, sometimes more precisely referred to as "artisanal handicraft," is a large number of different types of work in which functional and adorning objects are entirely created by hand or with only essential tools. Because of their attractiveness, the demand for handicrafts is growing every day. People are seeking more handicraft items.
Handicrafts can be found in various contexts, from small-scale local markets to large international trade fairs. They are often sold directly by the artisans who create them through local markets or online platforms. In recent years, there has been a growing interest in fair trade and ethical consumerism, which has led to increased demand for handmade and artisanal products.
Handicrafts are essential to human culture and heritage, valued for their unique aesthetic qualities and the skills required to create them. They provide a source of income for many rural and marginalized communities. They are also a vital part of cultural identity and expression.
Handicrafts are a valuable part of the culture of the Bengali people. Besides traditional handicrafts, people also buy them on special cultural occasions, such as Pahela Falgun and Pahela Baishakh. Sometimes teenagers and members of the family purchase handicrafts as gifts.
The demand for handicrafts in Bangladesh
Handicrafts have been an integral part of Bangladeshi culture for centuries and continue to play a significant role in the country's economy. Both domestic and international markets drive the demand for handicrafts in Bangladesh.
In recent years, there has been a growing interest in Bangladeshi handicrafts among international buyers, particularly in the United States, Europe, and Japan. This has led to increased export of Bangladeshi handicrafts, including products like handwoven textiles, ceramics, wood carvings, leather goods, and jute handicrafts.
On the domestic front, the demand for handicrafts is driven by various factors, including traditional festivals, religious events, and cultural celebrations. Additionally, the rising popularity of eco-friendly and sustainable products has also contributed to the growth of the handicraft industry in Bangladesh.
However, despite the increasing demand for Bangladeshi handicrafts, the industry still needs several challenges, including a lack of infrastructure, limited access to financing, and a shortage of skilled artisans. Nonetheless, several initiatives and programs are in place to support the growth and development of the handicraft industry in Bangladesh.
What development improves Handicrafts?
There have been many developments over time that have improved handicrafts. Here are a few examples:
Technology: Advancements in technology have made it easier for artisans to create handmade items with greater precision and efficiency. For example, improved sewing machines, weaving looms, pottery wheels, and other tools have made creating intricate designs and patterns easier.
Access to materials: With increased globalization, artisans now have greater access to a broader range of raw materials from around the world. This has allowed them to experiment with new materials and incorporate them into their work.
Education and training: As more people become interested in handicrafts, there has been a greater emphasis on education and training. This has allowed artisans to learn new techniques and improve their skills, resulting in higher-quality products.
Marketing and distribution: With the rise of e-commerce and social media, it has become easier for artisans to market and sell their products to a broader audience. This has helped to create a greater demand for handicrafts and has made it easier for artisans to make a living from their craft.
Price Selection: Undoubtedly, there is a growing demand for handmade goods on the international market. Customers always choose handmade goods over mass-produced ones when presented with similar interests in price, quality, and design. Handmade items have a low price. It is possible to make handicrafts in Bangladesh that are affordable. Still, it is essential to understand that pricing is one of the critical factors in the success of expanding this industry.
Competitive Analysis: Handicrafts are a new impression for Bangladesh, so there is hardly any commercial competition. That's why it holds a competitive advantage. The market is young and has significant growth potential. Since it has no considerable competitor, it is easier for the handicraft world to invest in the industry. The fact that we invested in this is innovative, so the handicraft world is also trying to develop more creative ways to solve customer problems.
And this is reflected in its workplace environment.
We must target customers as their need, want & demand for our Handicraft product.
Our Handicraft world target markets are high class and middle class.
Both men and women want handcrafted items. Those types of customers are front-line customers for our product. It owes, in part, the fact that a customer's demands are closely related to variables like money and age.
Overall, these developments have helped to create a more vibrant and sustainable handicraft industry, providing artisans with new opportunities for growth and creativity.
Fabric Lagbe can benefit handicraft manufacturers:
- Access to a wide range of fabrics: Fabric Lagbe provides handicraft manufacturers access to a wide range of materials at competitive prices. The platform has partnerships with a large number of textile suppliers, both domestic and international, which allows manufacturers to choose from a variety of fabrics such as cotton, linen, silk, and polyester. This access to a wide range of materials is particularly beneficial for handicraft manufacturers with limited access to fabric suppliers in their local area.
- Competitive pricing: Fabric Lagbe offers competitive pricing to handicraft manufacturers. By sourcing fabric directly from textile suppliers, the platform can offer lower prices than traditional fabric stores. This is particularly beneficial for handicraft manufacturers working with tight budgets.
- Increased Visibility: "Fabric Lagbe" provides handicraft manufacturers with an online presence, making it easier for them to reach a wider audience. This increased visibility can help manufacturers to find new customers and increase sales.
- Access to a Large Customer Base: By listing their products on Fabric Lagbe, handicraft manufacturers gain access to a large customer base. This can be especially beneficial for manufacturers who operate in remote or rural areas, as it allows them to sell their products to customers who may have yet to find them otherwise.
- Reduced Marketing Costs: "Fabric Lagbe" takes care of marketing and promoting the products listed on its platform, saving manufacturers the time and expense of marketing their products themselves.
- Easy to Use: The platform is user-friendly and easy to navigate, making it easy for handicraft manufacturers to list and sell their products. Additionally, "Fabric Lagbe" provides support and guidance to its sellers, ensuring they have everything they need to succeed.
- Quality assurance: Fabric Lagbe ensures that all fabrics sold on the platform meet specific quality standards. This is particularly important for handicraft manufacturers who rely on high-quality materials to produce their products. The platform has a team of experts who vet all textile suppliers before they can sell on the forum. This means handicraft manufacturers can be confident that the fabrics they purchase through Fabric Lagbe are high quality.
- Convenient ordering process: Fabric Lagbe offers a convenient ordering process for handicraft manufacturers. The platform allows manufacturers to order fabrics online, which saves time and eliminates the need to travel to a fabric store. Once an order is placed, the material is delivered directly to the manufacturer's location. This is particularly beneficial for handicraft manufacturers needing more resources to travel to a fabric store or having limited transportation options.
- Customized fabric solutions: Fabric Lagbe offers customized fabric solutions for handicraft manufacturers. The platform allows manufacturers to request specific fabrics or fabric blends tailored to their needs. This is particularly beneficial for handicraft manufacturers with specific product fabric requirements.
- Improved supply chain management: Fabric Lagbe helps handicraft manufacturers improve their supply chain management. The platform provides real-time inventory updates and allows manufacturers to track their orders. This enables manufacturers to avoid stockouts and ensures they have the materials needed to produce their products.
- Increased business opportunities: Fabric Lagbe provides handicraft manufacturers access to a broader customer base. By selling their products on the platform, manufacturers can reach customers who may not have been aware of their products. This can lead to increased sales and business opportunities for handicraft manufacturers.
- Time-saving: Fabric Lagbe has a streamlined ordering process, saving handicraft manufacturers time. The platform also provides quick delivery, ensuring manufacturers can receive their fabrics on time and avoid production delays.
- Increased efficiency: Fabric Lagbe helps handicraft manufacturers increase efficiency by streamlining the ordering process and providing real-time inventory updates. This allows manufacturers to focus on producing products rather than managing their supply chain.
- Access to financing: Fabric Lagbe provides handicraft manufacturers with financing options. The platform has partnerships with financial institutions that offer loans to manufacturers. This material can be particularly beneficial for handicraft manufacturers who may have limited access to financing options.
In summary, Fabric Lagbe offers a range of benefits to handicraft manufacturers. These benefits include access to a wide range of fabrics, competitive pricing, quality assurance, a convenient ordering process, customized fabric solutions, improved supply chain management, increased business opportunities, increased efficiency, and access to financing.